For starters, I have been looking at Canon's $800 wifi option. Although it has many bells and whistles, the only thing I am interested in is being able to quickly (and wirelessly) review the images for portraiture, product photography, and maybe weddings.... Considering the price difference, the Eye-Fi thing seems to good to be true... but I am willing to take the leap.
1) Anyone know if everything is good with the Canon 5d mark III?
2) If I am shooting (let's say a wedding) and I stray outside of the wifi range for my Mac Laptop, will the eye-fi automatically resume downloading when I walk back in range? If not, how do I restart the download?
3) Any problems automatically downloading to an iPad 2?
4) It appears that my Canon 5d Mark III has many options for how to store images that I shoot. I could send jpgs to the eye-fi and my RAW images to the CF card. This would allow a client (and me) to quickly review the shots. Any knowledge about how well this works?
5) If I bring my Mac laptop and an Airport Express to a shoot, is it easy and reliable to use the Eye-Fi?
thanks... I am hopeful that this product is solid.