Nikon D7000, iPad & connect x2

iPhone related discussion relating to the Eye-Fi app for the iPhone

Nikon D7000, iPad & connect x2

Postby maj0rglitch on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm

My adventure with eye-fi has been peppered with disappointment.

At first bought a card, installed the application at work, updated the software, eye-fi fails to initialize the card, called customer service, tried 4 usb ports no luck, tried a different computer no luck, was asked to return to bestbuy.
Got a new one, installed the application at home, updated the software, eye-fi fails to initialize the card AGAIN(!), looked online found a work-around (insert the card before running the eye-fi helper sometimes work), updated the card firmware, downloaded the app in iPad, setup the camera to put a copy of the photo in the eye-fi card, setup the card and the iPad, after 20 minutes of figuring out the eye-fi/iPad setup I was able to transfer an image from my D7000 (yey!), took another photo the app crashed :(, ran the app again crashed again, ran the app the third time saw several copies of the images (grrrr), crashed again. Is this only good for storing and transferring 1 image?

Is my experience normal with this card?
maj0rglitch

Re: Nikon D7000, iPad & connect x2

Postby abalakov on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:03 pm

I have the same setup (with Win7, and Eye-Fi Connect X2 4GB). The card is working in my Dell XPS L501X internal card reader as well as with the external Eye-Fi reader. The D7000 has no problem with the cards (make sure that Eye-Fi upload is enabled in the D7000 setup menu). I can run the Wifi setup via the router as well as Direct Mode (Direct Mode helps if the Eye-Fi card is out of the Wifi range - even if your other devices still have a Wifi connection).
abalakov

Postby maj0rglitch on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:34 pm

The eye-fi/D7000 works fine on my computer, my issue is with the iPad app that keeps on crashing :evil: and the eye-fi card keeps on sending the whole content of the card after crashing.
maj0rglitch

Postby dartz on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

try shuttersnitch instead using eye-fi apps, it worked much smoother :D
dartz

Postby eastwindfl on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:00 am

As of Friday, Sept. 16th my Pro X2 and Explore X2 cards are working as expected with the JPEGS going to the iPad with a minimum of setup and no Eye-Fi crashes on the iPad. I am experiencing wireless tethered image transfers now. I tested both slot 1 & 2 on the D7000.

Apparently Eye-Fi has a new firmware update that isn't universally available yet but here's how you can install it now.

Format the SD card in the camera. Then open Eye-Fi Center on your computer (iMac 24) in my case and plug in your SD card. Find your card in the Device list on the left, Right click on the card and "remove the card from your account". Then "add the card back to your account" and this will trigger the new firmware update. Make sure to save your changes. Place the card back in the D7000 slot of your choice. Make sure your Eye-Fi is activated in the camera menu.

Take a few snaps and go to your wifi setting on the iPad and wait for the Eye-Fi card to appear in the menu and select. Go to the Eye-Fi app, find the screen listing the cards and turn on your settings choice (photos, movies) media, click "done" and you should see your images start to load up. Finally............ Now pop the RAW card in slot one into your computer for post edits based on your iPad previews.

My experience with Eye-Fi tech support was varying but I finally got a capable gentleman that seemed to have better knowledge and stayed with me until all was done and confirmed. For my setup I removed all the local networks from the card. For now I'm only interested in the camera to iPad transfers. Remember to have "direct mode" active on the card!!
eastwindfl

Postby PaulWilliam80 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am

Hey thanks for this one! Really helpful :)
PaulWilliam80

Return to Eye-Fi App for iOS