Does Eye-Fi Center require a internet connection to log in?

All Things Eye-Fi Center related

Does Eye-Fi Center require a internet connection to log in?

Postby AAq on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 pm

I was wanting to know if I can set up Eye Fi center in a mobile situation. Can I log into the application without a network? can I install the software, configure the card without a network connection, and have it connect to a router also not connected to the internet? Thanks
AAq

Re: Does Eye-Fi Center require a internet connection to log

Postby jsun on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 pm

hi AAq,

You'll need to be online to do most of the things you mentioned. If you download the Eye-Fi Center installer from our web site, you can install it without connectivity, but you must be online if you want to log in, activate a new card, or access most of the cards settings. After you set things up, you can go offline and still open Eye-Fi Center (providing you did not log out before), add a network to the card, upload photos through an offline network, and change the local destination folder, but I think that's about it.

Our mobile apps will also let you upload to them if you are offline, but you'll need to be online initially to log in to the app, access the card settings, and set things up.
Need help? Contact us directly: support.eye.fi/contact-support
jsun
Eye-Fi'er

Postby AAq on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you for the response. So once I do the setup of the card and the settings, assuming that nothing needs to change afterwards, I should be good to go.

Now, in order for the pictures to transfer and show up on the laptop, do I need to have the eye-fi center still logged in (though offline) in order for the pictures to transfer and show up? or can the eye-fi center be logged out?
AAq

Postby jsun on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:16 am

I would advise that you never click "logout" or "sign out" of either Eye-Fi Center or the mobile apps. There's no reason to log out unless you want to stop using Eye-Fi on that device (or sign in to a different Eye-Fi account).

Eye-Fi Center does not need to be open in order to receive uploads on a computer. Only the Eye-Fi Helper program needs to be running in the background, and by default it should always be running.

I hope that helps!
Need help? Contact us directly: support.eye.fi/contact-support
jsun
Eye-Fi'er

Return to Eye-Fi Center for the desktop