Upload to SPECIFIC Picasa Folders

Help with issues related to Eye-Fi supported Online Photosharing sites and the Eye-Fi WebShare service

Upload to SPECIFIC Picasa Folders

Postby nhw3w1 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:51 am

My parents use the RSS capability of Picasa Web Albums to download family pictures automatically to their digital picture frame (i-mate Momento). I'd like my photos automatically uploaded to the album that their RSS feed is pointing to ...seems like I can't do this.

It doesn't make sense to have my parents change thier RSS feed each time I upload so I guess I have to MOVE the photos manually on Picasa...

Anyone have a better idea?
nhw3w1

Re: Upload to SPECIFIC Picasa Folders

Postby randhirv on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm

The only other option I can think of requires your computer - using custom folder names, you can have your pictures all go to the same folder on your computer. Use your Picasa software to have that album sync with the web album - this ensures that all pictures go to the same web album.

The downside is that you have to use the computer - and can't have the pictures go directly into that Picasa web album from the Eye-Fi Card.
randhirv
Eye-Fi'er

Postby nhw3w1 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:20 pm

This is a good idea...I don't use Picasa much but I think this will solve the problem...thx. It would be nice if Eye-Fi would have such an option.
nhw3w1

Postby randhirv on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:23 pm

One of our engineers (Kim) had a better idea which does not require you to use the Picasa client.

When you log into your Picasa web album, towards the bottom right you will see a link to 'browse by tags'. Click on the Eye-Fi tag and now you should see all pictures that are tagged Eye-Fi (which your card will do automatically). Now get the RSS feed for this 'virtual album' and use that in your digital frame.

Now any new pictures you take that the Eye-Fi card automatically uploads (and tags with Eye-Fi) to Picasa Web Albums, should appear in the digital frame.
randhirv
Eye-Fi'er

Postby nhw3w1 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Nice Kim....I'll give that a shot and report back...I may not get to try it for a while as I'll be travelling the next few weeks...
nhw3w1

Postby nhw3w1 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:01 pm

well as luck would have it I-mate killed it RSS service to the Momento frames earlier this week so I never got to try the solution.

I replaced the I-Mate momento frame with a D-Link frame.

I'll try it out and report back.
nhw3w1

Postby nhw3w1 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

OK...so I tried to use 'virtual album' solution suggested with my D-Link frame via Framechannel.com (adding a custom RSS feed). This didn't work. Framechannel takes the URL but says there are no photos to display.

Can anyone use Framechannel to add a custom RSS feed Virtual Album (see below) to ANY frame?
nhw3w1

Postby nhw3w1 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Ok...now I know why it doesn't work...Here's what I got from Framechannel Customer Service:

"Hi Norbert,

Unfortunately using the raw RSS feed from Picasa doesn't work since google moves the images around and we can't always locate them. My recommendation would be to create an album within Picasa for EyeFi images.

Best,

Emily"

Emily's suggestion won't work...

Any other ideas Kim?
nhw3w1

Postby audunh on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm

I would also like to see the ability to upload to a SPECIFIC Picasaweb folder. Same issue as OP. Bought my mom a digital picture frame (PhotoVu) and want to sue RSS feed from Picasaweb to update on frame. Using Eye-fi tag filtering RSS feed does not work as OP indicated. Only solution I can see in order to fully automate process (from my camera to my PC to Picasaweb to my dearest mom's digital picture frame) is to give Eye-fi the option to specify what folder on your picasaweb account to upload pics to. My goal is to NOT have to do anything manual in terms of uploading (e.g. by using Picasa software on PC). Any chance this can be done?
audunh

Postby randhirv on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 pm

One of our recent releases added this functionality. You can read about it and learn how to set it up through our blog:
http://www.eye.fi/news/2009/04/02/april ... -features/

Please let us know how it works out for you.
randhirv
Eye-Fi'er

Return to WebShare - Online Photosharing sites