Sony RX-100?

Discussion related to cameras used with your Eye-Fi Card

Sony RX-100?

Postby ngrock on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 am

Dear Master,
May I ask that the Sony new camera RX-100 will be come up with the campability of wi-fi card?
It would be wonderful for my new camera with your wifi transfer mode.
Thanks
ngrock

Re: Sony RX-100?

Postby HammerYWG on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 am

The RX100 is compatible with Eye-Fi, got them working together very well. Having its own dedicated icon showing when the upload is happening is great.
HammerYWG

Postby ngrock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:05 pm

May i ask that should the firmware be updated in order to get it work? However, my wifi-card should really be the latest version as the computer did not prompt me to update yet.
Since i can't find the wi-fi option in the RX100 menu. Would you please tell me in which column or page does the wifi selection can be found? Many thanks.
ngrock

Postby jsun on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:25 am

hi ngrock,

We have not yet tested this camera, but Sony's instructions indicate that the DSC-RX100 is Eye-Fi Connected. Make sure the Eye-Fi upload setting is enabled, and it will hopefully upload your photos just fine.

Here is the section in the manual that discusses the Eye-Fi upload settings:
http://www.sony.com.hk/svcfiles/faq/DI/ ... 07/07.html
Need help? Contact us directly: support.eye.fi/contact-support
jsun
Eye-Fi'er

Postby Kiborama on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

I was able to use my Eye-Fi Mobi card in my RX100 on a recent trip. I could transfer the pictures to my iPhone and then upload the ones I liked to Facebook. 1st World Problem... after a few days I started running low on space on my phone. :)

I am very happy with my RX100-Eye-Fi Mobi combination.
Kiborama

Postby DrJon on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:56 am

I have just received my Eye-Fi card and it does work between my RX100 and the iPhone.
The menu entry to enable/disable it is "Upload Settings" in "Spanner 2".
It does seem to lose the WiFi connection to the iPhone regularly, even though they haven't been more than a foot apart through all my testing. It then is a real pain to get the images to upload at all, you seem to need to take more photos, reconnect, etc.
It uploads the full 20MP images.
I turned off Raw uploading.
I'm wondering if turning off GeoTagging will reduce the power consumption?
I haven't found a way to enable selective uploading rather than uploading all images. This is annoying. (The menu item is not editable on the phone.)
It names the files as the next free IMG number, this is a pain as it's hard to tell the difference between them and iPhone pics when you want to delete them to save space (as they are still in the camera). My GH3 keeps the Panasonic filename which is much better.
John
DrJon

Postby ahinchcliffe on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 pm

first of all some options are only editable on a windows pc or mac and then some require an internet connection in order to change the settings

second unlike other wireless sd cards the eyefi card's wireless transmitter is only switched on when it has something to send, this is to conserve battery consumption in the camera. so once it has completed its last upload, if you haven't taken any thing else it will shut down its wireless connection until you take more photos. the renaming thing is an ios only problem i do believe, but i can't say for certain as i don't use apple products, but i'm sure they looked at this problem in one of the last updates you can store your photo's outside the camera roll in an eyefi only area of the ipad and it won't rename the files but your photos won't be available to other ios apps. its not eyefi that is renaming the files ios renames them when they get added to the ios camera roll.
our website http://news.hinchcliffephotography.co.uk
also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hinchcliffephotography
2* Eyefi 16GB Pro x2, 2* Eyefi 4GB Connect x2, 16gb & 32gb Mobi
Canon 500D Canon 350D EF 17-40 f4L, EF 70-200 f4L
ahinchcliffe

Postby mikumi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Can the Wi-Fi of the Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB Card be turned off in the RX100 settings? I have read a couple of times that turning it off there doesn't work, is that true?

Thanks in advance.
mikumi

Return to Name your Camera