Facebook "Authorizing" window forever

Help with issues related to Eye-Fi supported Online Photosharing sites and the Eye-Fi WebShare service

Facebook "Authorizing" window forever

Postby Peter Galbavy on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:44 am

Tried adding a new album today and failed. I have had various FB sharing profiles enabled and they have been working fine.

Today, I tried to add a new album and up popped an "Authorizing" window which just sat there. After removing all FB albums and revoking app permissions, rebooting and trying again I get the additional permissions dialogue first Allow/Don't Allow but then back to the "Authorizing" message. I looked on FB and the app is grant permissions OK - it just looks like the response is not making it back.

Peter

authorizing.png
authorizing.png (26.02 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Peter Galbavy

Re: Facebook "Authorizing" window forever

Postby Peter Galbavy on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:48 am

Wow, a week and no one at Eye-Fi can be bothered. I am so impressed with this product. Not.
Peter Galbavy

Postby Peter Galbavy on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:52 am

I have up waiting and tried setting up sharing via center.eye.fi and that worked. In case anyone else has the same problem.
Peter Galbavy

Postby kitykity on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Peter,

I'm having this problem too. Thank you for posting the bit about going to http://center.eye.fi and changing it from there--that worked for me too.

The only thing is from the web based center, you have to hard code an album name, not have it dynamically make one based on the date... stinks...

I hope this is fixed soon! :(

Susan
kitykity

Postby berend on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Susan,

If you've created the upload profile in Eye-Fi Web Center and would like to set more of the advanced settings for it, you can always edit it in Eye-Fi Center. Just bring up the "Settings" dialog as you normally would for adding a new profile, but click the "Edit" button next to the existing profile.

Separately, could Peter and you please tell us what version of Eye-Fi Center you're running? We're looking into the problem and the software version may be a contributor...

Thanks and have a good rest of the weekend,

Berend
berend
Eye-Fi'er

Postby KimG on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 am

kitykity wrote:Hi Peter,
The only thing is from the web based center, you have to hard code an album name, not have it dynamically make one based on the date... stinks...

I hope this is fixed soon! :(
Susan

I'll take a look. Thanks for pointing that out.
KimG
Eye-Fi'er

Postby KimG on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:22 am

berend wrote:Susan,
If you've created the upload profile in Eye-Fi Web Center and would like to set more of the advanced settings for it, you can always edit it in Eye-Fi Center. Just bring up the "Settings" dialog as you normally would for adding a new profile, but click the "Edit" button next to the existing profile.
Berend

Just fyi, same can be done in the web version...click the gear icon next to the device name in the top left drop down menu to open the settings page for that device, and click the Edit button next to any of the upload profiles.
KimG
Eye-Fi'er

Postby tdierks on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 am

Support asked me to note that I ran into this "Authorizing" problem as well. The center.eye.fi work-around worked for me, but there's definitely a bug of some kind with the Facebook/desktop integration.
tdierks

Return to WebShare - Online Photosharing sites